1. what is use of SDR function?
2. I s there any in-built transform for surrogate key?
3. what is the use of DSattchJob?DetachJob? where can we find it?
4. What is the complex job you have created ? tell me the logic of that complex job?
5. How can I know which Job is working on which node?
6. how can I know no of nodes in unix? And which are working at present?
7. root tree will find which is server job and which is parallel job?
8. how can we create rank using datastage?what is the meaning of rank?
9. how do u convert date in 20-12-07 to dec-20-2007 or 20-dec-2007 or 20-dec-07 in parallel jobs?
10. what is job control ? what is the use of it explain with steps?
11. is it possible to access the same job by two users at a time in DataStage?
12. how to drop the index before loading data into target and how to rebuild it in DS?
13. what is meaning of instance in DataStage? explain with example ?
14. how do u clean the DS repository?
15. where the log files or tables can store in DS?
16. how can we create read only jobs in DS?
17. where we use config file as parameter ? tell me in the project?
18. job locking methods? How can we unlock the job? Explain in briefly?
19. Is there any possibility to generate alphanumeric surrogate key? Explain briefly?
20. what are .ctl(control files) files ? how the dataset stage have better performance by this files?
21. how can we view the data of dataset from hard disk? Not from rightclick view data?
22. how can we get basic transformer in parallel jobs?
23. What are the new features of Datastage 7.1 from data stage 6.1
24. is the difference between DataStage and DataStage Scripting?
25. if we using two sources having same meta data and how to check the data in two sources is same or not? and if the data is not same i want to abort the job ?how we can do this?
26. memory wise difference between lookup merge and join
27. sparse lookup where its option in oci or db2
28. peekstage and pivot its practical use
29. how do u reduce warnings
30. how input data is node partitioned
31. involvement in unit testing
32. how many nodes per partition
33. datastage telnet tool where it is and use
34. how node connect with cpu
35. dataset use?
36. how exactly schedule ur jobs ? file watcher jobs ? command watcher jobs?
37. What is Ad-Hoc access? What is the difference between Managed Query and Ad-Hoc access?
38. Different ways a project can be moved to production ?...example â€¦.export-import and Version control.
39. Have u written any custom routines in your project? If so explain
40. How do you get log info into a file?
41. What is Clear Status File and when do you use it?
42. What is Cleanup Resources and when do you use it?
43. What are the various reports that could be generated using this Datastage?
44. How to remove blank spaces from data?
45. Could DataStage generate test cases?
46. Can one combine pipeline & partition parallelism? How and when?
47. Are there any configurations restrictions ? for particular node?
48. what r wrappers ?
49. what is buildups? And its use?
50. What is page size/array size in oracle?
51. What is parallel execution in oracle?
52. What is Bitmap and B-Tree indexes ?
53. How can one tune SQLâ€™s in Oracle?
54. how do we create index in data satge?
55. What is the diffrence between IBM Web Sphere DataStage 7.5 (Enterprise Edition ) & Standard Ascential DataStage 7.5 Version ?
56. What is the diffrence between the Dynamic RDBMS Stage & Static RDBMS Stage ?
57. How to enable the datastage engine?
58. Type 30D hash file is GENERIC or SPECIFIC?
59. how to attach a mtr file (MapTrace) via email and the MapTrace is used to record all the execute map errors
60. What is Orchestrate options in generic stage, what are the option names. value ? Name of an Orchestrate operator to call. what are the orchestrate operators available in datastage for AIX environment
61. scripting means? Explain briefly How it controls the job?
62. how will u design file watech jobs?
63. OLAP uses which index ?
64. use of correlated query?
65. when exactly we use nested tables ?
66. what are range lookups?
67. what is connected and unconnected lookups?
68. how do u catch bad rows from OCI stage?
69. CLI stands for?
70. how do u do SQL tuning?
71. what is the meaning of â€œpre load into memoryâ€ in hash file?
72. how did you handle aborted sequencer?
73. in Unix â€“ what is poll?
74. in parallel jobs in particular job how can I abort the job after 50 warnings ? and where I find check point for the particular job? (not in sequencer or job sequence)
75. what are the problems u faced in u r project?
76. Does truncate option is available for ODBC ?
77. exact difference between Transform, routine, function?
78. what is unique function ? where can I find it? how it can delete duplicate records?
79. how exactly we use stored procedures? Explain steps briefly?
80. In 4 jobs 1st job is aborted after loading 65000 records instead of 100000 records , then how can u load the rest of the records into target?
81. if RCP disabled what happen?
82. tell me about OSH? What is the use? Where we use it?
83. plz tell me about DataStage versions releasing years?
84. difference between routine and subroutine?
85. difference between Interprocess and Inprocess?
86. how to use rank and update strategy in DataStage?
87. how can we convert date(dd/mm/yy)into Julion date in parallel jobs?
88. How lock happens to the job ? particularly I want to lock the job how I lock the job?
89. where we find log tables ?
90. why we prefer oracle sequence rather than dataStage routine?
91. How we find no of records in Hash file?
92. difference between inline query and subquery?
93. what is conformed dimension layer?
94. In sort remove duplicate is possible then why we separately we go for remove duplicate stage?
95. if a column contains data like ram,rakesh,madhan,suraj,pradeep,bhaskar then I want to place names separated by commas in another columns how can we do? send to ,
96. In the director of job view log, if we get any fatal error with error code no, how to debug with that error code no?